5 Signs That You’re on The Path to SuccessAug 02, 2023
Success, as it turns out, isn't something that happens overnight. In fact, if you study the people who have seemed to have “lucked out” overnight, you more often than not find that they’ve been putting some time and effort into becoming an “overnight” success. Sometimes for years!
The concept of overnight success is merely a myth. 🦄 The true path to success lies in consistently performing small (and often unglamorous) tasks that compound over time, gradually propelling you toward your goals.
But how do you know you’re on the right track? Here are five signs:
1. Ticking off that one task on your to-do list: ✔️ Completing even a single item on your list is a sign of progress, and it's important to acknowledge that. Set some time aside after you read this and make a list of tasks to complete today, this week, and for the next 30 days. We need to create a road map for where we are headed in order to hold ourselves accountable, and to strategize what is needed to end up where we want to be! Planning is necessary for success. It won't just happen. You will plan for it to happen and then execute the plan.
2. Embracing failure as part of the process: 💪 Failure can be a valuable learning opportunity, and accepting it as a natural part of growth shows resilience. You won't get everything right on the first try, every single time. Start being realistic and gentle with yourself. You are human. You will make mistakes. Things won't work out the way you hoped sometime. That is all okay and part of the human experience. The quicker you are able to bounce back the more success you will find.
3. Shutting off distractions to focus on your tasks: 🚫📱 Making a conscious effort to eliminate distractions demonstrates dedication to achieving your goals. You want to set yourself up for a win! This means being very cautious of your environment (internally and externally) while you are working towards a goal. Choose a setting that inspires you and allows you to focus on tasks you need to accomplish. Set a timer and work on one thing at a time. Take breaks between each task to reset and refocus.
4. Taking on something that scares you: 😱 Facing your fears and stepping outside of your comfort zone is crucial for personal and professional growth. Nothing brilliant happens in your comfort zone. Learn to be comfortable with uncomfortable settings. This is the magic zone where you prove to yourself that you are unstoppable and that you are resilient.
5. Following through on commitments: 🤝 When you honor your word and see things through to completion, you build trust and credibility. Say what you mean, mean what you say, and do what you say you will do. You owe it to yourself to be accountable.
🚨 Spreading Wellness Challenge 🚨
Send this blog link to at least 2 people you care about so that they can have a chance to increase their wellness too! 🔌✨
Stay connected with me here:
© 2023 | Nancy Robinson, LMFT & Relationship Coach & Its Affiliates | All Rights Reserved.
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY LIFE LESSONS
I share free resources, exercises, and guidance to help you live your best life.
I email about once a month, and I will never sell your information, for any reason.